Monday 9 December 2013

DIY gift wrap




I love making gift wrap, but it can be time consuming. One year, I painstakingly hand stencilled a sheet with deer, fairies and sparkles...half a metre took half a day. This year, I have discovered a far simpler approach, but with just as brilliant effect. 

Take a couple of rolls of inexpensive brown paper (mine is £1 a roll from Asda, and is a good, thick quailty)- I always think this is instantly Christmassey! And then a couple of these bad boys...

Chalk markers. Intended for non-pourous surfaces, but brilliant on brown paper. 
I haven't chosen particularly festive colours, but they tie in well with the ribbon and tissue paper I have. And anyway, who says Christmas has to be all red and white. 

Next up, stretch out your paper, and begin dotting your pen in a random (or uniform, its your paper!) pattern...


Throughout the roll I change colour, so I can cut different pieces...



Allow to dry well, before wrapping up your gifts!
Its a very simple, quick process, but it turns out really well, leaving room for elaborate bows, ribbons and tags. The chalk dries with a lovely opaque, matt finish, and the brown paper actually looks really expensive. 






Happy Wrapping!

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment